Thank you for taking the time out of your day to help us raise awareness about pets becoming ill from accidental ingestion of cannabis. The aim of this project is to help everyone create new habits for the safe disposal of marijuana.
Similar to cigarette butts or the use of plastics, it may not occur to people that the tiny roach they stomped out on the ground can be harmful.
THC products are becoming more concentrated, plants are being bred for higher THC yields. What used to be a few hours of discomfort for animals is now becoming alarmingly serious. Also, with recreational cannabis recently becoming legal for consumption in Canada, it's time for us to let people know about the harmful effects that pets endure after finding & ingesting discarded roaches or edibles on the ground.
Legalizing marijuana for recreational use was a step in the right direction. In order to get this message through clearly, please refrain from demonizing or antagonizing cannabis users themselves! Similar to cigarette butts or the use of plastics, it may not occur to people that the tiny roach they stomped out on the ground can be harmful. Raising awareness is the key to the success of this project.
What can you do to help?
Please share this through social media posts, with your local SPCA, city or provincial parks. You can also print and post one of our designed (or painted) posters at your favourite dog park, or bring it into your local vets office and cannabis dispensary.
We now have business card sized hand-outs which can be printed for handing to customers who purchase marijuana products or they can be set out on display in stores. You can also keep some on hand to give out when you're walking your dog.